The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo invite Pokémon fans and budding illustrators to enter an international Pokémon Art Academy Competition using the Pokémon Art Academy game available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The competition opens on February 18, 2015, and closes on March 29, 2015, and the winners will be announced in May 2015. The entries will be accepted via Miiverse, accessible via the Nintendo 3DS. This is an exciting opportunity for would-be Pokémon artists from around the world, as the competition’s winners will have their masterpiece turned into their very own Pokémon TCG card!
The game offers aspiring Pokémon artists 40 lessons in how to paint, sketch, and draw popular Pokémon. Students of Pokémon Art Academy can pick up illustration skills that they can transfer onto real canvas, or they can share their digital masterpieces with the world. Now, would-be artists can enter a special competition via Miiverse which allows them to showcase their talents as graduates of the Pokémon Art Academy!
Six talented winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of some of the creators of the much-loved Pokémon universe. Each winner will receive 100 cards featuring his or her winning image–meaning that they will be in possession of some TCG cards of their own making.*
There are two categories for budding Pokémon artists to enter: Dress-Up Pikachu and Your Favorite Pokémon.
Inspired by the special Cosplay Pikachu, which can be discovered in the recently launched Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphirevideo games, this category gives entrants the chance to play fashion designer and create their very own Pikachu outfit!
In the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games, Pikachu can dress up as Pikachu Belle; Pikachu Rock Star; Pikachu Pop Star; Pikachu, Ph.D.; and Pikachu Libre. Donning an array of new looks, Cosplay Pikachu can learn moves that ordinary Pikachu cannot learn in normal gameplay, and all have fun costumes that are sure to inspire the would-be costume designers who enter this category.
Your Favorite Pokémon
This category gives entrants the chance to submit their own artistic impressions of a favorite Pokémon, which they can do using the Free Paint mode of Pokémon Art Academy. So, if Snorlax awakens an inner Leonardo da Vinci, or Rayquaza gets fans painting with flying colours, then this is their perfect category!
Details of how to enter can be found below, so all that remains is for Pokémon fans to grab a stylus and start discovering their inner artist with Pokémon Art Academy!
*The winners’ cards will not be made available for sale in regular Pokémon TCG products nor will they be eligible to take part in Play! Pokémonofficially sanctioned organized play events.
How to Enter the Pokémon Art Academy Competition
- Create and save an image in Pokémon Art Academy using Free Paint mode.
- Select the “Share” option from Pokémon Art Academy’s main menu and connect to Miiverse.
- Select the “Post to Competition” option and select “I Agree” if you agree to the Official Rules.
- Highlight the category you’d like to enter (Dress-Up Pikachu or Your Favorite Pokémon) and then choose “Select Competition”. Only the first post you make will be recognised as your entry.
- Slide over the image and select it and then choose “Share Selected”.
- Enter a title to accompany your artwork in the comment field and then select “Post”. The image will be posted to Miiverse and entered into the competition.
- The only way to enter the competition directly is from the Pokémon Art Academy game, available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be a legal resident of the United States (including D.C.), Canada or Mexico. 6 prizes total, ARV $40 each. Additional terms and conditions apply. For a full set of rules, http://pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-art-academy/competition/rules.